“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” – Rajneesh
As we reflect on Mother’s Day 2010, we are reminded of the gift of childbirth and canal of life that God allowed us to travel through from our mothers. We would like to wish all of our mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunts, stepmothers, Godmothers, nieces and friends a fabulous and Happy Mother’s Day. Please join me with the following children who are celebrating the memory, the life, the love, the lessons, the discipline, the sacrifices and the legacies of their mothers.
I want to thank everyone who entered the Celebrating Mom Book Give-a-way Contest last month. The winner of the contest is Mrs. Carrie Saine Sherard. She shares some special reflections about her mother with us. You may view her profile at http://diversitiesofgifts.blogspot.com/2010/05/carrie-saine-sherard-wins-celebrating.html.
* Vicki Perry is honoring her mother, Madie Ellis
* Marjorie Gordon DeLee is honoring her mother, Violett Gordon
* Carolyn G Murray is honoring her mother, Reatha M. Graham
* Lydia Crawford Boynton is honoring her mother, Sallie M. Crawford
* Kelly Hutchinson is honoring her mother, Bernice Washington
* Peggy Rosebora is honoring her mother, Helen Lucille Elliott
* Yvette Clapp is honoring her mother, Barbara Jean Struchen
* Ketra Lewis is honoring her mother, Mrs. Harris
* Desiree Scruggs is honoring her mother, Francene Marie Morris
* Tori & Randi King are honoring their mother, Joanne B. King
* Rev. Dr. Lee C. Bines is honoring his mother, Julia M. Bines
* Felecia D. Rivers is honoring her mother, Frances Darden
* Pastor Charles L. Webber is honoring his mother, Ruby M. Webber
* Frances D. Rivers is honoring her mother, Felecia D. Rivers
* Polly McKee, Sharward Moore, Sr. and Sandra Burton are honoring their mother, Hazel J. Ellison
* Atty. Alia S. Bines is honoring her mother, Shirley G. Bines
* Kyle and Kameron Gordon are honoring their mother, Courtney Gordon
* On behalf of my sister Shirley and brothers Kevyn and Sheldon, we honor our mother, the late Henrietta P. Gordon
Happy Mother’s Day to all of our mothers and to those who stood in the shoes as a mother for someone else’s child. God bless all of you!
My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. – Graycie Harmon