Just about every place in our hemisphere is experiencing soaring record temperatures and the heat index is not encouraging either. If you are not careful and exercise preventative measures to heed the danger of our scorching high temperatures, it can lead to deadly consequences.
Many advisories from the weather channel, meteorologists and health associations suggest precautions to take in order to protect yourself from heat-related stress and illness. Some easy tips include:
- Drinking cool, non-alcoholic beverages.
- Taking a cool shower or bath
- Try to seek an air-conditioned environment if you don’t have one
- Wear lightweight clothing
- Do not engage in strenuous activities in the extreme heat
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors in the heat of the day
I found a good website that lists a variety of prevention tips that will help you avoid the dangers of this intense heat: http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/tips/staycool.html. This informative website is from the Consumer Energy Center of the California Energy Commission. Please take a few moments to visit this site or others that you may find, explaining some valuable tips to save your life and those around you. Stay cool and be safe out there!