Writing Opportunities for Fans of the World Cup
By Kym Gordon Moore
While every soccer fan cannot be in Brazil for the World Cup tournament, there are many writing opportunities to keep the energy and festivities alive and full of flavor. Fans however, can still show their support by sporting the colors of their favorite team, wearing paraphernalia of their favorite players and eating popular foods indicative of the countries represented at the World Cup.
The FIFA World Cup, commonly known as the World Cup, is played every four years for the men’s and women’s teams. Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) or in English translation, the International Federation of Football Association is the international governing body of association football, beach soccer and futsal. This organization, with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland is responsible for the famous World Cup.
Finding writing opportunities to cover the scope of the World Cup event presents a wide spectrum of topics when applied with a little creative savoir-faire. Understanding that only one team will walk away with the coveted championship does not mean that the other teams are something to simply sneeze at. While cheering for your favorite team, here are some writing prospects to consider that will help to keep the game alive, even if your favorite team does not win:
1. Who designed your favorite team’s uniform?
2. Who is sponsoring each team and how important is their support?
3. What customs affect the sport?
4. What type of cuisine and beverage is indicative of the participating countries?
5. Were sacrifices made by any of these teams before the competition began?
6. What type of poetry can you write about or who is a well-known poet from any of the countries represented?
7. Is soccer a major part of a particular country’s economic strength?
8. Cover which team won the most titles and discuss their success and or challenges they faced before, during or after their competition.
9. Write about any specialty items, like tea for example, created to honor this historic event.
Although journalists have exclusive behind the scenes coverage to this championship, there are still numerous creative opportunities for writers and poets to take advantage of that reporters probably never thought about. Fans will discover that it’s not too late to tap into a myriad of creative ways that would honor worldwide soccer teams, during this championship.
Kym Gordon Moore, author of “Diversities of Gifts: Same Spirit” and “Wings of the Wind: A Cornucopia of Poetry” is an award winning poet, author, speaker, philanthropist, certified email marketing specialist and an authority in strategic marketing communications. http://www.kymgmoore.com She is co-founder of Favorite Things for a CAUSE http://www.favoritethingsforacause.com and was selected as one of the 2012, 2013 and 2014 U.S. World Book Night Volunteer Book Givers.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kym_Gordon_Moore