Well, almost everyone is curious to know which teams will be the two contenders for Super Bowl 50. Yet, who could imagine that a football could be so fashionable? Well, fifty fashion designers have given this year’s Super Bowl football a fashion-forward makeover. Now, albeit these footballs will not be used in this year’s 50th Super Bowl game, who wouldn’t want to have one of these fun and dazzling specially designed fashion statements donning their showcase? Harper’s Bazaar published the photos of all 50 of the designer footballs honoring Super Bowl 50.
The designers who showcased their unique footballs included: ALICE + OLIVIA, BILLY REID, APOLIS, BETSEY JOHNSON, CARLOS CAMPOS, CLARE V, CUSHNIE ET OCHS, DANNIJO, DAVID HART, EDIE PARKER, EVA FEHREN, GIGI BURRIS, ILLESTEVA, IRENE NEUWORTH, JENNIFER FISHER, JENNIFER MEYER, KENDRA SCOTT, KENNETH COLE, LEMLEM, LISA PERRY, MARCHESA, MARK MCNAIRY, MELISSA JOY MANNING, MIANSAI, MICHAEL BASTIAN, NICOLE MILLER, ORLEY, OVADIA & SONS, PAUL ANDREW, PRABAL GURUNG, RACHEL ZOE, RACHEL ROY, RAG & BONE, REBECCA MINKOFF, ROBERT GELLER, SAM EDELMAN, SHINOLA, SIKI IM, SIMON MILLER, SUNO, TADASHI SHOJI, TANYA TAYLOR, TIM COPPENS, TODD SNYDER, VERONICA BEARD, VINCE CAMUTO, WHIT, SANGLIN, TIFFANY & CO., and VITA FEDE.
Each designer put their personality into their designs, and here are a few that really stood out for me.
• Because I am a “Bling” kind of girl, I like the footballs designed by Edie Parker, Melissa Joy Manning, and most of all I would love to have the football designed by Rachel Zoe!
• I love the primary colors used on the football designed by Lisa Perry.
• I like the automotive feel of the football designed by Mark McNairy.
• The flower-power football designed by Nicole Miller reminds me of the 70’s.
• I like the mystery and embellishments of the football designed by Ovadia & Sons.
• I like the Sci-Fi feel of the football designed by Rag & Bone.
• I like the Metallica look of the football designed by Robert Geller.
• I love the western feel of the football designed by Sam Edelman.
• The LEGO football designed by Siki Im looks like it is ready to lift off to outer space! Lego enthusiasts will probably love that one!
• The bugle and seed bead football designed by Suno looks organic.
• I feel like I want to pop the football designed by Whit in my mouth! How edible looking! Or is it?
• Of course when I saw the football designed by Tiffany & Co. I could only think about that billion dollar lottery from last week!
The artistry and detail each designer added to their football is definitely fit to showcase in a gallery. I wonder if anyone is planning a fashion show and will use these footballs as accessory pieces. Just a thought! This year is a landmark year for the NFL. Needless to say, it will be extra sweet for whoever walks away with the coveted Vince Lombardi Trophy. I guess we will find out on Sunday February 7, held at Levi Stadium, the new home of the San Fransisco 49ers.
I would love to read which Designer Super Bowl 50 football you like. So, to see the slideshow of all of the football designs, click on this link to Harper’s Bazaar http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/designers/g6739/cfda-fashion-designer-footballs-superbowl-50/.