Can somebody please tell me where the suggested freaking poetry books for summer are? You heard me right. I am on my soapbox again, because as expected there is an absence of recommended poetry books for the summer!
As I pour through the endless lists of recommended Summer reads, I have yet to come across one suggested collection of poetry included on any of the online lists of books, in hard copy magazines or newspapers I read thus far. As a poet, I’m sure you understand my literary frustration.
Well, instead of grumbling about it, I decided to reach out to my fellow published poets as Summer officially kicks off on Monday, June 20th! I will post your book on this site (From Behind the Pen) and it will be shared on my social media pages. This campaign is called the “Summer Explosion of Poetry.” If you’re interested in my FREE proposal (and I do mean FREE shout-outs for you), then here are a few simple things you need to do.
- Select “one” preferred poetry book you want to be featured. You will have the opportunity to include a web or author book page link that lists all of your other publications if applicable.
- Title of Book and author’s name
- URL Link to your Amazon, Barnes & Noble or website page where your book can be purchased online.
- Send a JPEG or PNG of your book
- Share your website if you have one
- Email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Wednesday, June 22, 2016. In the subject line of your email include Summer Explosion of Poetry.
The features will run from Sunday, June 26 to Saturday, July 2, 2016. Get your request in ASAP. Depending on the number of submissions I receive I plan to feature 3 books per day (21 books of poetry total). If you were featured before and want to be considered again, please resubmit the above information. Spotlights will be shared on my Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Tumblr channels. If you LIKE or FOLLOW my social media sites (which is not mandatory), please let me know your links and I will gladly reciprocate.
Upon publication, feel free to post and share your “Summer Explosion of Poetry Book Shoutout” spotlight on your social media channels or reblog if you would like to. It’s way past time for poets to reach beyond the obvious disregard we all too often experience and commence our Poetry Revolution by supporting each other! I look forward to hearing from you.
Kym Gordon Moore