Oh my gosh, I am so blown away and humbled with my nomination for the Blogger Recognition Award, that was presented to me by InKnowvative Concepts. Thank you so much for thinking of me, and I invite everyone to go visit their blog site and check out some of the articles, tips, and inspiration they share each week.
I began my blog in 2009 to nurture, diversify and expand my writing credits. Writing is excellent therapy for me and I am always excited to meet so many of you from our great community of bloggers. I enjoy reading many of your posts and appreciate the exchange of healthy dialogue through our comment marketing or via email. My motto is: “No one can see your visions and dreams as clearly as you can. Purpose is the key to creation manifested through vision.” I think it is safe to say that when we write, we focus on the purpose of that composition as the thing that drives our vision and passions.
1. One great piece of advice I learned and heard resonate from my favorite poet, Maya Angelou was, “In order to be a good writer you have to be a copious reader.” All too often we write expecting someone to read and “LIKE” our compositions, but we fail to reciprocate in a like manner. I found that reading more, regardless of the genre, makes you a more educated writer.
2. Write about what you love, a current event, an experience or a topic you are passionate about. Writing requires research. Although we can write something off of the tops of our heads, every writer should explore a variety of writing and media sources to keep your ideas flowing, especially when you run into the dreaded writer’s block.
3. Social media channels are excellent outlets for gaining more exposure to your blog. Be sure to connect your SM channels to your blog menu so that others can follow you. Generally, a few of the top media channels like your Facebook page, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Reddit, StumbleUpon, and YouTube are good popular sites, to begin with, and choose from.
Here are a few simple things to do in order to participate in this award if you never received a nomination before:
1. Show your gratitude to the person who nominated you and provide a link back to the person’s blog.
2. Give a brief story on your blog.
3. Share two or more pieces of advice for beginner bloggers.
4. Choose 10 other bloggers to nominate.
5. Comment on each blog by letting them know they’ve been nominated and provide a link to your award post.
My sincere thanks once again to InKnowvative Concepts for their gracious nomination that I am indeed delighted to accept. Cheers everyone!