Today we are featuring Tandoori Chicken, a beloved popular Indian dish prepared by Vahchef from Vah Reh Vah that consists of chicken marinated in a combination of yogurt and spices. This dish is traditionally cooked in a tandoor (a cylindrical clay oven) but can also be prepared on your regular barbecue grill.
20 mins Cook time
35 mins Total time
55 mins Tandoori Chicken
Main Ingredient: Chicken
Servings: 4 persons
• Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
• Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
• Cumin powder – 1 tablespoon
• Red chili powder – 2 tablespoons
• Red color water – 1 teaspoon
• Salt – to taste
• Turmeric powder – 1/4 tea spoon
• Yogurt – 6 tablespoons.
• Chat masala – 1 teaspoon
• Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
• Chicken legs – 6 numbers
• Kasuri methi powder (dry fenu greek leaves powder) – 1/2 teaspoon
• Lemon juice – 1 number.• Oil – 2 tablespoons
• Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
• Mixed vegetable – 150 grams
• Clean and cut 2 or 3 long slits on each piece.
• Apply salt, chili powder and 1/2 lime juice all over the chicken and keep aside for 15 minutes.
• Make marination with coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilies, kasuri methi, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red color, salt and mix well with yogurt.
• Apply it all over the chicken making sure to apply well between all the slits and inside.
• Preheat your oven to 425-degrees and cook for 25 to 35 minutes till the chicken is tender.
• Remove from oven and serve hot.
• Garnished with sliced onions and lime wedges and also can be heated on a griddle if serving later.
For more information about this delicious dish and to watch the entertaining step-by-step video by Vahchef for making Tandoori Chicken, check out Vah Reh Vah. Bon appetit!