Today on Food Porn Friday, we are observing National Cherry Month. We are delighted to present this quick and easy Grilled Chicken with Fresh Cherry Salsa recipe, from Kristin in the kitchen of Iowa Girl Eats. This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prepare and then…Bon appetit!
Grilled Chicken with Fresh Cherry Salsa
– 1-1/2lb cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
– 1/2 cup minced red onion
– 2 tbsps lemon juice
– 2 tbsps chopped fresh basil
– 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 1 tsps honey
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 4 chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
– extra virgin olive oil
– salt and pepper
– Start the Grilled Chicken & Fresh Cherry Salsa by pitting 1 1/2lb cherries.
– Once the cherries are pitted, roughly chop them up and an add ’em to a big bowl.
– Next add 1/2 cup minced red onions, and 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
– Then chop up and add a handful of fresh basil, and 2 teaspoons honey.
– Finally, add a dash of salt, and 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar. That’s it! Stash the mix in the fridge to chill while you get the chicken ready to grill.
– Pound a couple chicken breasts (I used a cast iron skillet) to uniform thickness in a ziplock bag. I like using a bag over plastic wrap because I feel as though a chunk or two always escapes and flies across the kitchen never to be seen or heard from again. Gross.
– Brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil, liberally season with salt & pepper, then grill over medium-high heat for 4 minutes a side, or until cooked through. You know I like me some fancy seasoning blends, but simple salt & pepper is still tre delish, and really lets the cherry salsa shine through.
– Let the cooked chicken rest for 5 minutes, then plate, scoop, drizzle, and serve!
For the full step by step visual directions, be sure to visit Iowa Girl Eats.